I consulted many travel blog “about me” pages while writing this page, and they all included things I can’t offer: inspiring stories of leaving the corporate world, a dozen guides to as many countries, four or five years of archived posts.
Guess what? I’m new to this gig! I graduated from the University of New Mexico in 2017 and launched straight into a life of full-time exploring. It’s what I’ve wanted to do since I was a kid, and I’m so excited to finally be living 12-year-old Renee’s ridiculous dreams.
All this means I don’t have a whole lot to share right now, but don’t worry — it’s coming!
In the near future I’ll be exploring Taiwan, posting about Taipei and language acquisition, and traveling around Asia!
Some of my past adventures include:
- Training on the Lady Washington, a tall ship based out of Washington that was in Pirates of the Carribean
- Studying Spanish intensively in Antigua, Guatemala
- Moving to New Mexico for school, then driving around in the desert a lot
Cool version: studying a coprolite at one of the most famous and scientifically significant paleontology sites in the world
Uncool version: looking at dino poop while kinda heatsick
“Things I’m planning on doing if I have the time and money” include:
- Traveling overland from Beijing, China to Cape Town, South Africa
- Going to archaeological field school
- Going back to work on tall ships
- Teaching English in Taiwan (and maybe elsewhere — Poland? Spain?)
I care about functional, attractive women’s clothes, so I end up posting a lot about that. I also care about ethical living and traveling, so you get guides like How to Be A Better Citizen of the World in the middle of travel journaling.